Would You Like Baked Beans With That?

KFC - it ain't what it used to be!

Stopping late at night for KFC at a roadside stop I was looking forward to some comforting hot chips. The poor guy behind the counter did a good job in the face of meagre stocks to keep us happy, but I was disappointed to find they had run out of corn on the cob (something that Boyd informs me KFC NZ used to sell back in the day). So I settled for some chips and some baked beans. 

Yes. Baked beans. I guess I shouldn't really have been surprised, because in the supermarket near our place there is almost one entire side in an aisle dedicated to baked beans. So far I haven't been particularly impressed, they're nice enough, but just 'not quite right'. Though I must admit to being a bit of a baked bean snob - it has to be Watties or possibly Oak. Just what I was brought up on. Despite being part of the same global company the Heinz one's just aren't the same.

We sat down to eat and it was then that I discovered they don't put chicken salt on their chips!!!! What is KFC without chicken-salted chips!? It's sad people eating baked beans from a paper cup with fatty strips of bland potato.

Needless to say I won't be going back to KFC any time soon.

Comments

Popular Posts